- About Us
- Our Talent
- Our Work
- Contact Us
- B.A., The City College of New York, 2009
- magna cum laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
- J.D., Northwestern University School of Law, 2012
- cum laude
Fellowships, Leadership & Recognitions
- Articles Editor, Northwestern University Law Review
- Order of the Coif, Northwestern University School of Law
Bar and Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, Eastern District of New York, and Northern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second and Sixth Circuits
- New York
Derek Wikstrom is a Senior Associate at Kaplan Hecker & Fink. His practice focuses on white-collar criminal defense, government and internal investigations, and complex commercial litigation in state and federal courts.
Derek joined the firm from Debevoise & Plimpton LLP, where he spent six years as a member of the Commercial Litigation and White Collar & Regulatory Defense groups. At Debevoise, Derek was the lead associate on a variety of civil and criminal matters, including a four-week jury trial in June 2017 in the Southern District of New York. He has experience briefing and arguing appeals and motions, taking depositions and preparing witnesses, and coordinating all aspects of fact and expert discovery. Derek’s pro bono practice has included representing criminal defendants in S.D.N.Y. Criminal Justice Act cases from arrest through sentencing. Derek also successfully represented a transgender student in S.D. Ohio and Sixth Circuit litigation relating to restroom access.
Derek graduated cum laude from the Northwestern University School of Law, where he was an Articles Editor on the Law Review and a member of the Supreme Court Clinic.