- About Us
- Our Talent
- Our Work
- All Practice Areas
- Appellate Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Congressional Investigations
- Cybersecurity and Data Privacy
- Employment, Discrimination, and Sexual Misconduct
- FCPA and Anti-Corruption
- Investigations and Crisis Management
- Public Interest Litigation
- Regulatory Enforcement and Litigation
- Securities Enforcement and Litigation
- White Collar Criminal Defense
- Contact Us
- B.A., Columbia University, 2013
magna cum laude
- J.D., Yale Law School, 2018
- Hon. Andrew Hurwitz, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
FELLOWSHIPS, LEADERSHIP & RECOGNITION
- Notes and Comments Editor, Yale Law Journal
- Coker Fellow, Contracts, Yale Law School
BAR AND COURT ADMISSIONS
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- New York
Meredith Foster is an associate at Kaplan Hecker & Fink LLP.
Meredith joined Kaplan Hecker from Sullivan & Cromwell LLP, where she assisted in regulatory investigations, internal investigations, an employment class action, and civil litigation. Meredith also maintained an active pro bono practice focused on prisoner rights, transgender rights, and criminal justice.
Meredith clerked for the Hon. Andrew Hurwitz of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and will begin a clerkship for the Hon. Lewis Liman of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York in the fall of 2022. She began her career as a cybercrime and identity theft analyst for the New York County District Attorney’s Office, where she investigated and aided in the prosecution of cases involving international cybercrime, large-scale identity theft, and money laundering.
Meredith’s legal scholarship has been published in the Yale Law Journal, Law360, and Fordham Journal of Corporate and Financial Law and includes:
- Special Meetings and Consent Solicitations: How the Written-Consent Right Uniquely Empowers Shareholders, Note, 128 YALE L. J. 1706 (2019).
- The Evolution of Private Equity and the Change in General Partner Compensation Terms in the 1980s, 24 FORDHAM J. CORP. & FIN. L. 321 (2019) (with Stephen Fraidin).
- 2nd Cir. Brady Ruling Highlights Use of Classified Info Act, Law360 (Feb. 22, 2021) (with Steven Peikin and Alexander Willscher).
Meredith received her law degree from Yale Law School, where she served as Notes and Comments Editor of the Yale Law Journal. While at Yale, she also worked as a research assistant for Professor Kate Stith, was named a Coker Fellow for Contracts, participated in the Domestic Violence Clinic, and interned for the Hon. Roslynn R. Mauskopf of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York. She also holds a Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, in English Literature with Honors from Columbia University.