- About Us
- Our Talent
- Our Work
- All Practice Areas
- Appellate Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Cybersecurity and Data Privacy
- Employment, Discrimination, and Sexual Misconduct
- FCPA and Anti-Corruption
- Investigations and Crisis Management
- Public Interest Litigation
- Regulatory and Securities Matters and Litigation
- White Collar Criminal Defense
- Contact Us
- B.A., New York University, 2019
summa cum laude
Fellowships, Leadership & Recognition
- Phi Beta Kappa, New York University, Spring 2019
- Presidential Honors Scholar, New York University, 2015-2019
- Fiona McGillivray Prize for Best Thesis in IPE, New York University, Spring 2019
Rebecca Kao is a Case Manager at Kaplan Hecker & Fink. Rebecca graduated summa cum laude from New York University in 2019 with a B.A. in International Relations and a minor in Sociology. During her time at NYU, she received recognition as a Presidential Honors Scholar and a member of Phi Beta Kappa. As an International Relations major, she studied abroad in Prague, Czech Republic, as well as in Shanghai, China. After returning from China, Rebecca was awarded a grant to conduct in-depth independent research project on the impact of China’s One Child Policy on women’s education, which culminated in her senior thesis.
Rebecca’s ongoing interest in law is informed by her passion for social equity and commitment to the pursuit of justice in various arenas. In the past, she has worked as a policy intern for the Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law, the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association in Washington, D.C., as well as in state legislator offices in her home state of California.
Rebecca is excited for the opportunity to continue learning about law and public service at Kaplan Hecker & Fink. She hopes to attend law school in the future.