- About Us
- Our Talent
- Our Work
- Contact Us
Personal Information We Collect and Use
For the purposes of this Notice, personal information is defined as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. We may collect personal information from you in the following manner:
- When you contact us or send us information;
- When you engage us to provide legal services;
- In the course of providing legal or other services;
- When you apply for a position; or
- As a result of your relationship with any of our staff or our clients.
If you provide us personal information about another natural person, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have a legal basis to provide us with such information for the uses for which they are intended.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc., which uses “cookies” and similar technologies to analyze how users use domains. The information generated about domain usage (including your shortened IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is used to evaluate visitors’ use of the domain, compile statistical reports, and provide other services related to the site and internet use. Google may also collect information about domain visitors’ use of other websites. For more information about Google Analytics, or to opt out, please go to: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use personal information supplied by you to for legal and permissible purposes, including to:
- Carry out our business;
- Provide you with legal or other services;
- Recruit employees;
- Respond to any requests;
- Send you marketing materials;
- Fulfill our obligations and provide services to our clients and others;
- Manage our business relationship with you or our vendors; and
- Comply with any legal and regulatory obligations or requirements.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes at any time by clicking on the appropriate link in any email you receive or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
When and Where We Share Your Personal Information
We are based in New York and operate our firm within the United States of America.
We May Share Your Personal Information With Others, Including To:
Third party service providers to allow them to assist us in providing legal and other services, such as accountants, information technology services providers, legal services providers, technology providers, printing and duplicating services providers, and records management providers.
- Third party providers for marketing purposes;
- Law enforcement agencies, governmental authorities, or regulators where we are under a duty to disclose or share such information, or if we reasonably consider that this is necessary to help prevent or detect fraud or other crime or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Kaplan, Hecker & Fink our clients, or others;
- Other individuals or organizations involved in providing legal or other services, including experts, local counsel, and database and case management services;
- Other third parties as required by law or other regulation; or
- Other third parties with your consent.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We will keep your personal information until such time as we no longer expect to need to use it for any legitimate purpose and in accordance with applicable laws. We take into account legal and regulatory requirements, statutes of limitations, and standards of practice.
How We Protect the Security of Your Personal Information
We take reasonable measures to protect personal information from misuse, interference, and unauthorized loss or disclosure, including by retaining the services of third party vendors who have procedures in place to protect personal information. We have procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, no data transmission or repository can be one hundred percent secure. As a result, while we will strive to protect your personal information, we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant the security of any of your personal information.
You may have the right, under certain circumstances, and subject to applicable law, to know what personal information we have obtained, request a copy of the personal information about you which we hold, request a transfer of your personal information, object to processing of your personal information, or to request correction or erasure of such personal information. Please note that these rights may not be absolute. We also may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information or to exercise any of your other rights.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to exercise any of these rights, if you wish to request further information about any of the above rights, or if you are unhappy with how we have handled your personal information.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We may update this policy at any time, without prior notice. Changes will be noted on this site.