- About Us
- Our Talent
- Our Work
- Contact Us
Kaplan Hecker & Fink lawyers have litigated cases in numerous state and federal appellate courts, including the U.S. Supreme Court, the federal Courts of Appeals and state courts of appeals. Kaplan Hecker & Fink lawyers also have clerked on multiple appellate courts, including the U.S. Supreme Court, the Second Circuit, the New York Court of Appeals, and the Australian and Israeli Supreme Courts. Our appellate practice spans all areas of our commercial litigation practice.
Representative appellate litigation matters include:
- Represented T-Mobile in federal appellate proceedings concerning various tort and contract claims.
- Represented non-profit healthcare provider in Second Circuit appeal of post-trial damages ruling.
- Represented individual in appeal of adverse standing ruling in high-profile custody case.
- Submitted amicus briefs to the Supreme Court in both Masterpiece Cakeshop, Ltd., v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission and Trump v. International Refugee Assistance Project and Trump v. Hawaii.
Prior to joining Kaplan Hecker & Fink, some of our lawyers’ representative appellate litigation matters included:
- Represented Edith Windsor in her challenge to the Defense of Marriage Act before the Second Circuit and the US Supreme Court, which struck down the key provision of the Defense of Marriage Act as unconstitutional.
- Defended post-trial judgment in favor of Fortune 500 company in appeal to federal appellate court and against petition for writ of certiorari to the United States Supreme Court.
- Represented T-Mobile in Second Circuit appeal of district court decision dismissing the case against the company as a sanction for fraudulent conduct by the plaintiff and his counsel.
- Submitted amicus briefs to the Supreme Court in criminal justice matters.