- About Us
- Our Talent
- Our Work
- Contact Us
Investigations and Crisis Management
Kaplan Hecker & Fink has extensive experience in all aspects of the investigations and crisis management process, including: conducting internal investigations; developing internal and external communications strategies; providing advice on public disclosures; reviewing compliance structures to identify areas of risk; and revamping policies, procedures, practices, cultures, and attitudes.
Kaplan Hecker has advised clients on their most sensitive and high-profile investigations, including matters on the front pages, as well as smaller investigative matters that have remained confidential. In every matter, we deploy a team custom designed for the tasks at hand, scale to match the size of each challenge, and adjust our approach as each investigation progresses.
Representative investigations and crisis management matters include:
- Represented a multinational consumer products company in an internal investigation regarding allegations of procurement and expense abuse fraud.
- Advising a large media company on development and implementation of human resource policies to help ensure a fair and unbiased workplace.
- Conducting multiple internal investigations for an Ivy League University and providing advice in connection with public and high-profile Title VII and Title IX issues.
- Helping launch the Time’s Up Legal Defense Fund, dedicated to providing victims of sexual harassment and assault with legal representation to protect against harassment, intimidation, and the burden of costly, protracted litigation as they come forward.
- Chairing Vice Media’s Advisory Committee on Diversity and Inclusion, which works with the company’s executives and decision makers to improve company policies and procedures, as well as make recommendations on workplace changes.
Prior to launching Kaplan Hecker, some of our lawyers’ representative investigations and crisis management matters included:
- Represented a multinational financial institution in connection with a criminal investigation into corruption in international soccer broadcasting.
- Represented a large financial institution in an internal investigation relating to its large shareholder reporting in Japan.
- Represented audit committee of Fortune 100 company in internal investigation of potential insider trading issue.
- Represented board of global accounting firm in internal investigation of sensitive misconduct and potential conflict of interest issues.