- About Us
- Our Talent
- Our Work
- Contact Us
Kaplan Hecker & Fink lawyer have extensive courtroom experience and have tried numerous civil and criminal cases to verdict in both federal and state court. With a former Assistant United States Attorney and a former Federal Defender leading our trial teams, we approach our cases with the combination of perspectives from the opposite sides of the courtroom.
Our approach to litigation that progresses to trial—mastering the facts and identifying the heart of the case, putting the client at the center of the narrative, telling a story in a compelling and persuasive way, and developing a strategy to win—makes us highly effective in the courtroom.
Prior to joining Kaplan Hecker & Fink, some of our lawyers’ representative trial matters included:
- Represented Fortune 500 company in multi-billion dollar private antitrust trial, which resulted in judgment as a matter of law in the company’s favor.
- Represented Bristol-Myers Squibb in defending against a $3.4 billion contract and tort claim by generic drug manufacturer Apotex, winning a unanimous jury verdict of no liability.
- Prosecution and conviction of Aafia Siddiqui, an alleged Al Qaeda operative charged with attempted murder of U.S. personnel in connection with the assault of U.S. military and Federal Bureau of Investigation agents in Afghanistan.
- Prosecution and conviction of members of an international organization (with conduct in the United States, Russia, Liberia and South America) that trafficked in thousands of kilograms of cocaine and military grade weapons.
- Prosecution and conviction of co-conspirator of convicted international arms trafficker, Viktor Bout, for wire fraud and conspiring to violate the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (“IEEPA”) by attempting to purchase commercial airplanes from American companies in violation of U.S. sanctions.