- About Us
- Our Talent
- Our Work
- All Practice Areas
- Appellate Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Cybersecurity and Data Privacy
- Employment, Discrimination, and Sexual Misconduct
- FCPA and Anti-Corruption
- Investigations and Crisis Management
- Public Interest Litigation
- Regulatory and Securities Matters and Litigation
- White Collar Criminal Defense
- Contact Us
Kaplan Hecker & Fink lawyers have extensive courtroom experience and have tried numerous civil and criminal cases to verdict in both federal and state court. With a mix of former federal prosecutors and former public defenders who have tried dozens of cases, we approach our cases with the combination of perspectives from the opposite sides of the courtroom. Across their diverse backgrounds, our litigators share a history of delivering compelling results for their clients. Whether overseeing the prosecution of high-profile defendants, complex commercial litigation, or white-collar criminal defense, our lawyers have the experience and subject matter expertise required to help our clients achieve success at trial.
Our approach to litigation that progresses to trial—mastering the facts and identifying the heart of the case, putting the client at the center of the narrative, telling a story in a compelling and persuasive way, and developing a strategy to win—makes us highly effective in the courtroom.
In March 2019, Kaplan Hecker secured a “rare” acquittal at the close of the Government’s case in the trial of the former Barclay’s foreign-exchange head, who was facing charges of wire fraud. Global Investigations Review honored Kaplan Hecker’s work on behalf of our client, naming it the 2019 “Most Important Court Case of the Year.” Both Robbie Kaplan and Sean Hecker have been named as two of the top 100 trial lawyers in the country.
Prior to joining Kaplan Hecker, some of our lawyers’ representative trial matters included:
- Representing Fortune 500 company in multi-billion-dollar private antitrust trial, which resulted in judgment as a matter of law in the company’s favor.
- Representing Bristol-Myers Squibb in defending against a $3.4 billion contract and tort claim by generic drug manufacturer Apotex, winning a unanimous jury verdict of no liability.
- Prosecution and conviction of Aafia Siddiqui, an alleged Al Qaeda operative charged with attempted murder of U.S. personnel in connection with the assault of U.S. military and Federal Bureau of Investigation agents in Afghanistan.
- Prosecution and conviction of members of an international organization (with conduct in the United States, Russia, Liberia and South America) that trafficked in thousands of kilograms of cocaine and military grade weapons.
- Prosecution and conviction of co-conspirator of convicted international arms trafficker, Viktor Bout, for wire fraud and conspiring to violate the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (“IEEPA”) by attempting to purchase commercial airplanes from American companies in violation of U.S. sanctions.
- Prosecution and conviction of three international terrorism defendants at two trials for plotting to explode jet-fuel storage tanks at John F. Kennedy International Airport.
- Prosecution and conviction of domestic terrorism defendant for conspiring to bomb the Herald Square subway station in midtown Manhattan.
- Prosecution and conviction of mastermind of multi-million-dollar fraud scheme who conspired to murder the federal judge and prosecutor assigned to his case.