- About Us
- Our Talent
- Our Work
- Contact Us
FCPA and Anti-Corruption
Kaplan Hecker & Fink lawyers have deep experience conducting investigations of alleged FCPA violations, representing companies and individuals in FCPA investigations and enforcement matters, and advising companies on anti-corruption compliance. Based on his extensive record of success, Sean Hecker, has been ranked by Chambers as one of the leading FCPA attorneys in the country: “The ‘terrific’ Sean Hecker earns considerable respect for his adept handling of both government investigations and criminal proceedings concerning potential violations of the FCPA, along with other global anticorruption and antibribery laws. He also frequently advises companies on compliance measures and internal investigations. Clients speak highly of him as a ‘pragmatic and down-to-earth’ lawyer.”
At Kaplan Hecker & Fink, we understand the legal and regulatory landscape and how it has evolved in recent years, as well as the complex challenges of operating a global business.
Prior to joining Kaplan Hecker & Fink, some of our lawyers’ representative FCP and Anti-Corruption matters included:
- Represented company in an internal investigation and coordinated resolutions with the DOJ, Brazilian, and Singaporean criminal authorities in relation to alleged corruption in Brazil.
- Represented a leading financial services company in an internal investigation and coordinated resolutions with the DOJ and French authorities in relation to alleged corruption in Libya.
- Represented a Fortune 500 company in connection with FCPA investigation by the DOJ and SEC.
- Represented a former senior executive of a global healthcare company in DOJ and SEC investigations of potential accounting and FCPA issues.
- Represented the audit committee of the board of directors of a multinational consulting firm in an internal investigation of potential FCPA violations relating to projects in the Middle East, Latin America and Asia.
- Represented a former government official of an African nation in FCPA and money laundering charges in the SDNY.
- Represented a Fortune 100 company in civil and criminal investigations regarding possible FCPA violations, resulting in both the DOJ and SEC closing their investigations without bringing any charges or seeking any penalties.
- Represented a former executive of a leading financial services company in an SEC investigation of potential FCPA issues involving hiring practices in Asia.
- Represented a large pharmaceutical company in conducting internal investigations of alleged corruption at two European subsidiaries.
- Represented Siemens’s Audit Committee in a worldwide investigation into possible corrupt payments to government officials leading to an early settlement with the U.S. and German authorities.