- About Us
- Our Talent
- Our Work
- Contact Us
Kaplan Hecker & Fink lawyers are highly experienced commercial litigators with wide-ranging backgrounds that include litigating various commercial disputes on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants, in court and in mediation and arbitration proceedings. Our practice includes contract disputes, partnership disputes, bankruptcy litigation, class actions, securities litigation, consumer protection cases, and much more. We have tried cases to verdict and defended those verdicts on appeal, and we have also delivered victories for our clients at the earliest stages of litigation. Our approach—having the strategy to win, and proceeding in the most efficient way possible—also results in favorable, early settlements for our clients.
Representative commercial litigation matters include:
- Representing large hotel developer in high-profile business dispute, including in arbitration and court proceedings.
- Represented large technology company in obtaining dismissal of putative class action in federal court.
- Represented large technology company in connection with cease-and-desist demands.
- Advised individuals in connection with contract disputes relating to management of prominent art estate.
Prior to launching Kaplan Hecker, some of our lawyers’ representative commercial litigation matters included:
- Represented Bristol-Myers Squibb in defending against a $3.4 billion contract and tort claim by generic drug manufacturer Apotex, winning a unanimous jury verdict of no liability.
- Represented the California Public Utilities Commission in litigation relating to the bankruptcy of public utility PG&E.
- Represented large startup company in putative class actions in the Southern District of New York;
- Acted as lead counsel for J.P. Morgan Chase and coordinating counsel for a bank syndicate in a multi-billion dollar lender liability proceeding arising out of the bankruptcy of a mortgage originator.
- Represented a Fortune 500 company in major private civil antitrust litigation, in which the company prevailed on a motion for judgment as a matter of law post-trial.
- Represented a Fortune 500 company in complex cross-border tax dispute with former parent company, which resulted in summary judgment entirely in client’s favor.